Climate | Government & Emergency Services
- Pierce: (208) 464-2222
- Weippe: (208) 435-4216
- Orofino: (208) 476-4521
- Orofino: (208) 476-4555
- Pierce: (208) 464-2211
- Weippe: (208) 435-9015
- Pierce: (208) 464-2223
- Weippe: (208) 435-4211
- Pierce: (208) 464-2174
The Hilltop has many active organizations. Due to privacy concerns, the committee's local contact information is not included on this site. If you would like more information about a particular organization, please send us an email, and we will forward the request.
- Alpha Omicron
- Bald Mountain Ski Club
- Clearwater Ridge Runners Snowmobile Club
- Community Action Agency
- Crazy Blockers Quilt Club
- Friends of the Weippe Library
- GEM Community Teams
- Hilltop Drug & Alcohol Coalition
- Hilltop Senior Citizens
- Hilltop Theater Group
- Idaho Community Action Network
- Pierce Alter Society
- Pierce-Weippe ATV Club
- Pierce-Weippe Chamber of Commerce
- Pierce-Weippe Headstart
- Timberline Booster Club
- Timberline Judo Club, Inc.
- Timberline Lions Club
- Weippe Rodeo Association
- White Pine Rebeka Lodge
- Xi Alpha Nu
Airport: Orofino Municipal Airport (208) 476-4714 for small engine planes.
Business Development & Relocation: Clearwater County Economic Development Team is ready and willing to help expand exisiting business, recruit new business and foster entrepreneurship to benefit the local economy
Education: School District #171 with two elementary and one joint junior/senior high school. Lewis State Clark College (LCSC) is located 47 miles east of Greer in Lewiston, Idaho. and the Univeristy of Idaho in Moscow is less than 2 hours away. LCSC has an outreach program at the Weippe Discovery Center and Orofino High School, and offers distance education.
Financial Services: There is one credit union servicing the area.
Gasoline/Diesel: Available in both Pierce and Weippe.
Internet: High-speed wireless, satellite and dial-up services available.
Meeting Facilities: Fraser Community Center, Pierce Community Center & Pool, Weippe Community Hall, and Weippe Discovery Center
Propane: Available at Pierce Hardware and the Cedar Inn in Pierce and at the Timberline Cafe' in Weippe..
Postal Service: United States Post Office located on Main Street in Pierce and Weippe.
Radio Stations: KLER 95.3 FM/1300 AM and KZID 98.5 FM out of Orofino, Idaho.
Telephone Service: Frontier Communications is the local service provider.
UPS: Pick-up and delivery 5 days a week with a substation at Olive's Auto Parts. Federal Express delivers 2 days a week, but the closest drop-off box is in Orofino, Idaho.
Other Contacts of Interest:
- Clearwater National Forest: (208) 476-4541
- Clearwater Tribune: (208) 476-4571
- Fraser Community Center: (208) 435-4123
- Hilltop Heritage Museum: (208) 435-4200
- Hilltop Senior Center: (208) 435-4553
- Idaho Department of Lands: (208) 476-4587
- Idaho Department of Health & Welfare: (208) 476-7449
- Idaho Fish and Game: (208) 799-5010
- Idaho Commerce & Labor - Job Service: (208) 476-5506
- J. Howard Bradbury Logging Museum: (208) 464-2677
- Lewiston Morning Tribune: (208) 743-9411
- Pierce Community Center & Pool: (208) 464-2443
- Pierce Free Public Library: (208) 464-2823
- Pierce Technology Center: (208) 464-2823
- Weippe Discovery Center: (208) 435-4058
(QuickTime required for viewing. Note: Video does not start automatically. Simply press play button at the bottom left of the video screen control bar.)
- Pierce-Weippe Backcountry Recreation Map Points of Interest (Adobe pdf file)
- Idaho Fish and Game Interactive Map Center, Hunt Planner - Excellent interactive map capable of topographic detail. Double click on area 10A for more detail of the Clearwater back country.
- Clearwater National Forest Information
- Hiking and Photography in the North Fork River canyon area.
- Downhill Skiing at Bald Mountain Ski Area.
- North Fork of the Clearwater River
- Unlimited brook trout streams
- Kelly Creek - "Blue Ribbon" Trout
- Deer Creek Reservoir
- Cross-country Skiing at Musselshell Nordic Ski Trails. Rentals available.
- Snowmobiling along 300 miles of groomed trails. Rentals available.
- ATV riding on abandoned logging roads. Club contact: Bill Young (208) 464-2379
- Camping at various campgrounds.
- Big Game Hunting
- White-tail Deer
- Black Bear
- Wild Turkey
- Historic Lolo Trail includes the Nez Perce Historic Trail and the Lewis and Clark Historic Trail.
- Gemstone Hunting throughout Clearwater County.
- Recreation Permits from Potlatch Corporation.
- Topographical Maps from US Geological Survey.
|Faith Lutheran Church
611 S Main Street, Pierce
|First Protestant Church of Pierce
120 2nd Avenue S, Pierce
|Mountain Meadows Baptist Church
1112 Pierce St W, Weippe
|Mountain View Baptist Church
108 Willoughby Drive, Pierce
|New Life Fellowship
401 Stove Drive, Pierce
|Our Lady of the Woodland Chapel
National Register of Historic Places
112 Holmes Drive, Pierce
|Seventh Day Adventist Church
221 N Main Street, Weippe
|Weippe Wesleyan Church
220 N Main Street, Weippe
Download the Clearwater County Guide for Newcomers in PDF format.
If you cannot open a PDF file,
download Adobe Reader free.
Home | Site Map | About Area | Businesses/Services | Calendar | Visitor Info
Employment Opportunities & Announcements
L 11-Feb-2015 -2009
Site Designed & Hosted by Support4Business.com